menu   Home About Us Shop Freebies TpT Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram  

Meet the Teacher Linky

 
What a fun way to meet other bloggers! 
You probably spend a great deal of time reading up on your favorite blogs and following bloggers across all the social media platforms. It's always fun to find new teacher friends to follow, especially at the start of the school year when everyone is sharing all these big A-HA ideas left and right!
I am joining Falling into First because Stephanie had a 
great idea to start a
"Meet the Teacher Blogger" linky party! 
 
 
Just so you can tell us apart - Karen is wearing the  gray dress,  
and my sister Kelly is on the right in the black dress.
 
My sister and I started Kennedy's Korner two years ago and love working together. 
I will start with a few things about me - then Kelly will share her Q & A in another post.
 
 
This man is the love of my life!  My boyfriend Chris and I have been together now for 3 years.  He's not only the funniest guy I know, but caring and kind in so many ways.  He has two beautiful daughters who are in their 20's and on their own. We also love our furry kitty cats - Kato and Kody!
 
.
I have been teaching now for 21 years.  Most of my career has been in Grade 3, one year in grade 4, and now I teach 2nd grade.  My father was a principal in the district we grew up in.  When I graduated from Fredonia State - I started as a teaching assistant and was fortunate to work with my former Grade 3 teacher for one year.  She retired the following year and I took over  her classroom. 
It was so fun working with all of my former teachers and my old principal.  I even went on to coach for six years in my old high school which was a great experience.   
 
So my summer has been busy traveling with Chris for his job.  We also took some time to go our house in Key West, FL and I went paddle boarding for the first time!   Fishing in the Keys is something we do often.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

I love working out, golfing, traveling, reading, fishing, and spending time with my family and friends!
 

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
 
I always say if I weren't a teacher - I would love to be a professional tambourine player.
My other dream job would've  been to be a professional golfer.


THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Honest
Hardworking
Fun
 

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"I love when summer ends, said no teacher ever!"
 
 

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

Matthew McConaughey and Shemar Moore



Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

 Live Each Day Like it's Your Last ~ Love everyone!

 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
 
The harder I work, the luckier I get - Thomas Jefferson

When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts -  Dalai Lama

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean
 
 

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
any song by Stevie Nicks


 
 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
 
 Night owl
 
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

My favorite resource that I created so far is my Writing Workshop Posters - Lucy Calkins inspired product. 

My other favorite though is one Kelly and I worked on together - our Animal Close Read Pack.  The picture below is one FREE sample that we have taken out of the BUNDLE. 
 
I also can't wait to finish our new Football Themed Math Centers they should be coming out very soon!

 
Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 
 
      I love to listen to live music and secretly want to be in a band..


 


No comments:

Post a Comment