menu   Home About Us Shop Freebies TpT Facebook Pinterest Bloglovin Instagram  

Five for Friday!

 
I am still on Winter Break so I have some free time to link up with this fabulous Five for Friday weekly linky party ~ Thanks to Doodle Bugs Teaching!
 
Well I hate to rub it in.... but yes I am still on my winter break in Key West, Florida. I am actually sitting out on the lanai at our new house here and working on this blog post.  As I sit here staring at the palm trees I am feeling very blessed for many reasons ~ but ONE main reason is that I am still
 
 able to enjoy the warm weather - while everyone at home is still dealing with the winter snow... so I am posting my # 1 Five for Friday - sharing some of the fun in the sun we have been having here in Key West.  Fishing has been great ~ the weather perfect and visiting with great friends is always a good time.  Very blessed ~

 
 
 
While on Winter break I have been able to set some new personal goals for myself.  ONE being
to exercise more!  I am sure that you also may have trouble finding the time to exercise daily.
I typically will workout at least 4 -5 days a week but it's always rushed... I need to actual put it into my day as an appointment for myself AND carve out at least 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours just for me!
I hope you ALL  have a chance to have some ME time as well.. BALANCE in life is KEY to a healthy person.   This vacation has given me some free time to focus on my new goals and I have been enjoying my daily workouts, swimming, fishing (great arm workout :), eating healthy AND drinking my protein shakes everyday!  Yummy ~ I love my Advocare shakes.  I am drinking the chocolate mocha shake right now - but I mixed in some natural peanut butter.  IT is delicious! If you are unfamiliar with Advocare - you can check it out here.  These shakes have helped me to get the protein I need everyday and they are affordable for everyone!
I am also excited on my new weight loss journey to be starting the 24 DAY challenge on March 1st..
I will keep you posted on my progress.. I don't have a lot of weight to lose - but I am always struggling with those dreaded 6-10 extra lbs... ugh.. wish me luck!
  
 
 
 
Happy Birthday to my niece EMMA - who turned 4 last week!  We are in Key West for winter break and my sister Kelly and her family are visiting our parents in Sarasota for break... so we didn't get to celebrate in person yet - but we will when we all get home.   Emma is the cutest little girl who brightens my day when I get to spend time with her.  She has a huge heart and a bright smile to go with it!                                  
Happy Birthday to Emma ! 
 
I know I am a little early with this post and I am sure you will hear more about St. Patty's Day in the next few weeks... but IF you are IRISH like us ... then you will understand why our family enjoys the whole month of MARCH -  The Kennedy's - my grandparents are from Ireland and well ..let's just say .. we are definitely IRISH!   We love St. Patrick's Day - and when you live in Buffalo, NY - people in Buffalo sure do know how to celebrate St. Patty's Day!  Check out the picture of Delaware Ave. (downtown Buffalo)  on St. Patty's Day last year.
 
 

 
Announcing our updated MATH centers for St. Patrick's Day! 
Thanks to the amazing Krista Wallden for the clipart, we were able to update our centers and make them so much better!  Check out her store!

 
Be sure to check out these St. Patty's Day Math centers just in time for the BEST holiday of the year!
 
 


WE hope you are having a great Winter break wherever you are !!  If it makes you feel any better I am heading home on Sunday - back to the snow and cold. 

Happy Friday!  We are heading down to Duval St. for lunch ~  enjoy your day!

Karen
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the Five for Friday linky party. I LOVE Krista's clip art too! Isn't it just the best?

    So you live in Key West? I went there once on a cruise, and I loved it. I am living in Korea this year teaching English but am from Texas.

    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Angela,
    Yes Krista's clipart is awesome! How exciting that you get to teach in Korea? Do you love it?
    We live in Buffalo, NY still officially... but also have a place here in Key West. It's beautiful here and we come down about once a month.
    What part of Texas are you from?
    Thanks for visiting our blog ~ stop back again soon!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shout out to Irish!

    I am super jealous you're still on vaca and in Florida no less! This week I have been exercising more too and it is hard fitting it in! I like going right after school to get it done with and when it's still warm out (but I run and only run so...lol)

    I'm your newest follower!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete